Did you know! We are entered into the Brooklyn Botanic Gardens Greenest Block Contest.
The purpose of the Greenest Block in Brooklyn Contest is to promote streets cape gardening, tree stewardship, and community development in the borough of Brooklyn. Let work together and try to win this year!
Here are some examples of Pic of Tree capes and Flower pot. Take a look!
I hope this helps to get your creative juices flowing. I can't wait to see what you come up with next! 3rd Round of judging is coming up soon. All winners will be announced in August.
For All Judging Criteria for "Greenest Block in Brooklyn" Contest please go to http://www.bbg.org/greenbridge/greenestblock for details.
Update: Free Class @ BBG :
"What Plants Fit Your Garden’s Micro-climate?
Lessons from the Lily Pool Terrace”
Thursday, July 21, 2016 | 6—8 pm
-- exclusively for the Greenest Blocks in Brooklyn!
Free. Rain or shine.
Enter the Garden at 1000 Washington Avenue
Light refreshments will be served.
Hurry, before it’s full!
RSVP by July 15th for yourself and your neighbors to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (718) 623-7209.
Share tips...get advice... all while exploring the secrets of BBG's stunning annul border. Plus, we can retreat to an air conditioned classroom!
- Learn what is a “micro-climate” is why it's important to know.
- Examine ways to choose plants that will thrive in your sunny or shady garden.
- Sneak behind-the-scenes of the Greenest Block contest.
- Meet your fellow Greenest Block enthusiasts.
- Share your block’s urban garden challenges and successes!
- Find information and inspiration to make your block even more beautiful!